It’s a new year, and this is the first Tuesday, so why not join in? These aren’t quite my New Year’s Resolutions, as I posted earlier, though some of the things cross over.
10 Things I Want to do in 2009
1. Knit a pair of socks every month, from my yarn stash. See what I’m dealing with:
|I’m off to a great start; my first pair got finished today!|
|I even started another pair:|
2. Weave a wide houndstooth scarf for myself on the Loom of Doom.
3. Get rid of the boxes of movies & manga in my living room.
4. Sew a new winter coat for myself.
5. Make it through the California trip in one piece. I am SO afraid of flying and my nerves are shot just thinking about having to get on a plane. Note to my brother: Christopher, now you KNOW I love you, because I am NOT going to miss my ‘little’ brother’s wedding. But the plane thing freaks me out big time.
6. Sew a bag for my spinning wheel, finally. A real bag, not just the sack I’m using now.
7. Bake a chocolate layer cake entirely from scratch, including icing.
8. Participate in the Tour de Fleece again.
9. Build a new bed.
10. Go on lots of picnics.
What do YOU want to do in 2009?
OH–and ETA: I’m still interested in responses to the question I asked at the end of this post from Monday; please feel free to keep adding comments to that post. Repeating what others have said helps, too, because I’d like to know if people have the same desires or requests. Thank you all so much!!